Friday, July 28, 2006

getting Jizzy with it

Hi everyone who reads this blog. It's about time for yet another installment in annoying phrases my loud fucking work neighbor says.

Last time you may recall, I mentioned that, on top of daily usage of mindnumbing cliches, grammatical abominations, and irritating catchphrases, my neighbor *always* starts a follow-up phone call with the phrase "I'm just calling to touch base back with you."

every. fucking. time.

Well, finally getting to the subject of my post. Today, he saw someone had a nice suit on a hanger at his desk. He walks up and says:

"So, are you going to.. what do they say? Get Jizzy with it? Get.. Jizzz..? Get.. umm, what do they say? Jiggy? Get Jiggy with it?"

What the...

HUH?

6 Comments:

Blogger c'est trivial said...

My cubular neighbor often says, "I'm scratching my mind to figure this out."

I like that.

July 31, 2006 10:14 AM  
Blogger Binulatti said...

Perhaps you might find this interesting as well. Ping me about L8tr.

August 02, 2006 4:01 PM  
Blogger c'est trivial said...

some more favorites:

Pain points
Usage: "Users report using a required captcha to make comments on blog posts a common pain point."


Leverage
Usage: "We need to leverage our muscle in order to get this project done."

I prefer leverage to be used when talking about physics or arm wrestling. I guess some people think of business that way.

HO HUM!

August 03, 2006 9:23 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

It bugs me when people pronounce 'especially' as 'EX-specially'. So now I say it all the time to make fun of the people who truly think this is the proper pronunciation. I exspecially like to say it this way when I'm talking to the common folk. 'Cause I'm an elitist. Thass juss how I roll.

August 03, 2006 9:24 PM  
Blogger pbrchicken said...

C'est: That mind scratching has got to hurt. But fortunately for me I've managed to escape the pain points.

Binulatti: I think in the future I need to avoid these lists. It only makes me crazier with word rage. "Bottom line" has escaped the workplace, and has infected the outside world. Brutal this one. I also once said "ping" and had a Macbeth-style crisis: "Will all the water in the ocean wash this blood from my hands?"

L: I've also found that the best way to interrupt someone inferior to you, is lead with the statement: "Well, the BIG thing is, is..."

Stay elite!

August 04, 2006 8:57 AM  
Blogger pbrchicken said...

so, yeah, yesterday he just said something bizarre like,

"...and all those guys down in the mines, are gonna get all their eggs in the basket. And stuff, so..."

It was creepy.

August 18, 2006 11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home