Monday, July 24, 2006

10 Foods I Miss the Most

This is a "meme"... I got the idea from Shannon, who got the idea from Sher at What Did You Eat?, who apparently the idea from Spicehut.

I got ten, but they are not all things that I necessary *miss*.

OK, I do miss:
1. mac'n'cheese with salsa (it's an amazing improvement, at least I used to think so)
2. tuna helper (lousy taste as a kid, this was my absolute favorite when I was in grade school)

3. King Vitaman cereal (yes that's spelled right)

4. Mondose Pralines Liqueurs (the most amazing chocolate liqueurs. My god... STRONG shots of top-shelf scotch, cognac, gin, etc.. under a hard cookie shell and coated with DARK chocolate... if you can buy these anywhere besides Belgium I'm dying to know!!)
5. Chocolade Kruidnoten (tasty X-mas candy from Holland.. kind of a crunchy gingerbread thing coated with dark chocolate, milk chocolate, or white chocolate.. sensing a theme here?)


I don't miss:
1. cube steak, breaded and fried in oil (why, Dad, why?)

2. scalloped potatoes (bleh)
3. creamed corn (yik)
4. brussels sprouts (the ONLY vegetable I don't like. and it's by a LONG shot)
5. OK, let's see if Scott is reading this blog.. wha's up roomie? Grilled onion and cheese on sourdough. Lots of Plochman's mustard. When I was in a hurry it became RAW onion and cheese on sourdough. Or whatever bread. I made an AWFUL vegetarian.... probably because of all the scalloped potatoes I grew up on.

6 Comments:

Blogger Binulatti said...

I gots yer Chocolade Kruidnoten right 'ere.

July 24, 2006 3:16 PM  
Blogger pbrchicken said...

rad.. only 4 bucks! I might have to do that.

or maybe ze Dootch Santa Claus vill come vith candies? Hmm?

July 24, 2006 7:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grilled onion and cheese with mustard on sourdough bread sounds really good to me! If you don't want to eat one again, at least make me one, okay?!

July 25, 2006 8:25 AM  
Blogger c'est trivial said...

This reminds me of a similar food meme... The Food Renaissance.

Like, I used to hate mayonnaise. Now I eat it with no complaint. Extra helpin' please! And sour cream. Oh god..In the past: Blechh! But now: Bring it on! I also suffer from ex-vegetarianism. I was in the tempeh slammer for 13 years or so. Right up until I met a certain person that I call Hamlice (it is a very cheap, very transparent moniker). He made me eat cheeseburgers!

I also used to hate Coca-Cola. Was I not a member of the global family? Everyone loves coke!

July 25, 2006 2:36 PM  
Blogger pbrchicken said...

Shannon - depends on how thick the onion is. "If the onion goes crunch, you won't want to each a bunch!"

C'est - I've never felt more welcomed into the ex-vegetarianism community. Thank you! But I do want to take the oppt'y to thank each and every animal for their sacrifices! *pours out 40oz pbr*

July 31, 2006 11:27 AM  
Blogger Enki said...

yeah but he rarely actually grilled it..
i don't miss our phad thai (heh)

August 05, 2006 11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home