Thursday, June 05, 2008

El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro pbrchicken

First I must apologize to Westering Hills' recent serious attempt of eating more holistic food, her famous Eat Real Food Challenge, which was inspired by Michael Pollan's book “The Omnivore’s Dilemma.” God bless her, this topic has very little to do with that particular noble quest... although it should be just as fun. And maybe more painful.

I've decided to undertake my own food challenge, which I will call the "Eat Hot Food Challenge." I have been noticing that my scoville unit tolerance has drastically dropped of late. A little dab of something I used to be able spoon up by the teaspoon has increasingly become akin to french kissing Satan after a night of drinking tequila.

It's gotten to the point where just a little dab of Sriracha sauce makes me sweat bullets, and I wince as I feel my tongue and palette blister up like Clint Eastwood's lips in "The Good the Bad and the Ugly."

Professor Scoville would be so ashamed.

"tut tut"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

This needs to stop.. so I hereby endeavor to undergo two solid weeks of heavy hot sauce usage, and reclaim my past ability to weather the concentrated capsicum carnage I do enjoy so much.

Where was I, oh yes the scoville units.. I don't know how many per day.. why don't we set it at about 500,000 per day to start...



And so it begins -- "El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro pbrchicken" (The Mysterious Voyage of pbrchicken)

Wish me luck!


Remember -- ¡CERVESA, Si! ¡AQUA, no!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home