Saturday, February 18, 2006

The Valley and Michael Stipes

Yes, that was Michael Stipes plural. I went solo last night, down to the High Dive to see The Valley. The Valley was great, but it was of those shows that it took forever to get to the headliner. I don't wanna hate on anyone in my weblog so I will leave it at that. Anyway earlier in the evening I was going out of my head with boredom and engaged a stranger about why so many people looked like Michael Stipe? You know the type - shaved bald, sometimes with arty glasses or sunglasses, stubble, and faux-glamourous apparel. Look like they used to work at a dotcom, and now sell indonesian antiques to Dale friggin' Chihuly. Maybe I should have said Billy Corgans. Here's a picture, that's me in the middle.

Anyway, this dude's response was priceless. He said, Who's Michael Stipe? I said, you know - the lead singer of REM. And he said, ohhh that guy whose wife owns The Crocodile? I said noooo that's Peter Buck. You know, the bald guy who looks everyone in this bar? And he said oh yeah, of course... I know exactly who you mean. So, basically we made fast friends.

Anyway, I had a good time from that point on. And The Valley had some tech difficulties and stuff, but from the moment the guitar started working they were badass. Dan Valley was saying that it was a really sloppy night -- but I think they can pull off a sloppy night (false starts, tech probs, drumsticks flying everywhere) better than most bands. I recommend this band! Nice guys too... I got their CD and t-shirt, but I'm too glazed over this morning to take pictures of it and post em here.

Besides, I need to hit "pubish post" and get on my day. Peace in the middle east, pbrchicken

2 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

You sure are a purty gal!

February 18, 2006 6:32 PM  
Blogger Binulatti said...

OK, that nude corgan-in-a-bubble (womb?) pic made me want to lose the egg whites I just consumed. But seriously, would it be uncool to call for an end to AIDS-chic? Michael, can ys hear us?
PS - love what you've done with your hair! And that dress, oohlala.

February 20, 2006 10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home